Monday, August 20, 2012

77 and A5 Suited

Yesterday during my comeback, I had two great hands/situations that really helped me get back to even for the day.  the first one was A-5 of Hearts.  I was in the LB, and was able to call in an un-raised pot.  I had first position and the flop pealed of 7-5-5, two spades.  I was first action and dedided that I wanted to slow play this hand.  I checked and it checked around.  The Turn was a red K, again I checked, and it checked around.  Here we go to the river and there is really no money the pot.  The Ace of Spades comes out on the river.  gives me 5's full of A's.  I am first action and since there has been no betting at all, I did not want to just check and have a show-down with a huge hand for nothing nothing in the pot, so i decided to make it look like I was stealing and bet 10 bucks.  The next action raised me to 40!  I was drooling now in my head, how to make the most of this.  The only hands he could be holding that would beat me are 77, KK, or AA.  I did not put him on slow playing those pockets so, I studied the board a little, like I was trying to make a decision on who had the bigger flush, since I thought he did not have one of the three starting hands that could beat me, I put him on having to have a mid to big flush on the river.  I was hoping that it was big so I re-raised, I cant quite remember exactly how much I raised.  I think I made it about 50 more.  He instantly when all-in.  I insta called since I already figured he had the big flush and not the bigger house.  I was right and I took down about a 500 pot.

The 77 was great also.  This type of situation has happened to me 3x at the Venetian, that is why I like to play there, I think there are a greater number of newer players.  My favorite site to see is a guy sit down at the table with 2 or 3 hundred with his girlfriend standing behind him watching.  To me this shows that the player is tyring to show off to his girlfriend/wife.  He may not realize the patience involved in really playing to win, or else why would his girlfriend want to stand right behind him.  Who wants to stand for 5+ hours while someone is trying to grind there way to wins.  Some cases they could be there just for a minute or two, but you can kinda tell by looking at their faces, that they are trying to impress, and not grind out a cash.  This guy sat down with 200 and his woman behind him.  5 minutes later, I had all his money and they stormed away never to return!  I was doing good, this was after my 500 pot, I had 77, I was in early position again, not the best, but it worked out for me.  I put in a pre-flop raise to $7 for my 7's.  Got a few callers.  The flop was kinda nasty, but worked with my hand.  It was a 4,5,8 all clubs, I had the 7 of clubs.  I checked the flop becuase really with the 3 clubs I did not like it much.  The guy lead out and bet 40.  I had to think about this a little.  If he had the flush already, hitting my straight would not help, and if the 4rth club came I could get myself in trouble with a mid flush where since he called my initial raise I put him on at least two paint, or Ax.  So if one of those paint where a club I would be dead.  But I did not think he had the flush, I thought if he bet it that big, he was drawing, or hit something like top pair with an ace and did not want me drawing.  So I called the 40 to see what the turn brought.  Bamm 7 of hearts.  This time I did not want him drawing to a better flush on me so I put the pressure on and bet like 70, he then went all in.  I had alot of chips, I was reasonable sure I had the best hand with 777, and even if I did not, I was drawing to a full house.  And the re-raise over my 70 was not too much compared to my stack so I called.  I dont remember the river, he never showed his hand, and him and is girlfriend stormed away.

No comments:

Post a Comment