Sunday, August 19, 2012

Day 2 of Las Vegas trip

Well so far, this trip is has started ok.  Over 2 days I have spent/lost abouut 450, but that includes all expenses so not too bad.  Yesterday was pretty fun.  I got to Las Vegas about 11:30, was at the hotel by about 12:15, then my dad and I went to Aria to play in the 1 pm tournament.  Another close one for me.  There where 107 players.  I felt I played a great tournament, they started paying out at 12th place, I got 17th place.  So close again, and I am trying to think of where I messed up.  I made one  big mistake that I can think of.  I am sure I played sevearl other hands bad, but whatever the cost was it was low.  But here is where I think I really made a mistake.  It was a late middle of the tournament mistake, but it cost my 1800 of my chips, and overall would have added 10K+ more chips to my stack.

I was running good so I decided to make a pre-flop raise to 1800 which was 3x the BB.  I had pocket threes.  The next few people folded, but then someone went all in for abot 4K.  Then a few spots later the next guy went all in for about 5K.  When it got to me I really wanted to call, and I felt I should have called considering my stack, I prob had about 30K at the time.  But I ended up folding.  I convinved myself that 33 could not be good against 2 all-ins, and even though it was only about 3K more to call both all-in's, I played very conservative.  Well the two all-ins where A-10 and A-8.  There was an A-8-X on the flop and then of course the 3 on the river.  I should have called, and seeing as I was 5 spaces out of the money that could have been the mistake that cost me from cashing and/or possibly winning.

That was the fun part of the day, then I stayed at the Aria and played 2-5 NL.  I am used to the 2-5 being about a 500 max buy in, so I decided to play 500 in that game.  But when I got to the table it turned out to be a 1000 max buy-in, but I stayed anyway.  Well I busted out.  I deviated from my plan, took a shot at a big game without a big enough Bankroll, and lost.  So since my Dad bought me in to the Tournament I was down 500 after day one.

Day 2 started off real bad as well.  I woke up early and took off down the strip while my dad was still sleeping.  I ended up at the Bellagio and decided to play there.  I have never played in that room.  It was still early so there was only a few tables going.  I played in the 1-2 NL and got real unlucky.  Dont really remember too many hands at this time I had I just remember that I kept geeting bad beats, or had to call for the outs and missed.  Well there is another 300 down.  At this point I am down 800, and I did not bring any other cash with me.  So my Dad was up by then and met me at the Bellagio.  We decided to go up to the Venetian becuase my cousins where staying at the Palazzo and they where supposed to get in that morning.

My Dad staked me 300 to get into the 1-3NL game and I got down to about 80, when he walked by, he had just doubled up and cashed out to play in a tournament, he saw my low chip count and slipped me three more black chips.  Well I lost the first three he gave me and then I bought in for the next 300.  Well things started slipping and I really was not feeling confident or feeling like things where going to turn around so I cashed out 280 of the 600 he staked me.  My cousins and Uncle showed up so I hung out with them for a bit.  I decided to walk around a little and ended up playing some table games with the 280 I had and then of course I lost.  Again deviated from the plan.  I was down to 100.  I decided to give the 1-2NL game one more shot buying in short for 100.  That was the best decision I made so far.  My plan was to play in the 1-2 NL game where I feel I had an edge, and although I had lost some, I lost the most in the bigger game.  Well I fought through the varience, and hit some real good hands in good situations and turned that last 100, I was actually down to about 75 at the lowest into 900.  That broke me even for the day, payed my Dad back his 600 he staked me, and I still had the 300 cash from the morning that I lost at Bellagio.

I really wanted to stay at the table and continue but it was dinner time and my Uncle and cousins where there.  So we went out to dinner and then walked around a bit and did some random group gambling.  It was fun, not what I came here to do, but funner than I thought.  It was good because since there where other arouund it was easy to sit down and play just 10 minutes and leave with a small win, and then move on.  I played that game where there is a big wheel that spins and you bet a number and get odds.  I bet 10 on the 3 and it hit my first spin for a 30 dollar win...cash out.  Hit up Blackjack with my cousin, played for about 15 minutes and took down another small like 60 win.  Played Pai Gow with my Dad and took down a small like 15 dollar win.  I played two 10 dollar hands of War, and won them both. 

I am still here for another 2 days, but dont know how much time I will really have to gamble.  I did not take any vacation time, so I will be working form the hotel on Monday and Tuesday, and my flight is tuesday night.  I still have family out here and would like to still meet up with a college roomate who lives here now, so we will see.  But I am only down about 450 or so with everything I have spent and lost, so even if I dont play tomorrow or Tuesday, I will still have time to make that up.  I am not heading home on Tuesday, but going back with my Dad to his house near San Jose to play more cards and hopfully play in the main event of the Bay 101 Open.

No comments:

Post a Comment